Website Terms & ConditionsBy submitting an order, you are accepting the Terms and Conditions of the Greenhill Books web site.
Greenhill Books is an imprint of Pen & Sword Books Limited, and the following terms and conditions apply to this website and all sales by Greenhill Books.
Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Pen & Sword books
When you register with the Pen & Sword Books web site, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
The Contract Between Us
- Any contract for purchases made through the web site will be with Pen & Sword Books Limited, registered in England, and whose registered office is 47 Church Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2AS, company registration number 2527258.
- Pen & Sword Books Ltd must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been received Pen & Sword Books will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your registration form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Pen & Sword Books acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- Pen & Sword Books are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our web site. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered before the contract is made (see (b) above) we will contact you as soon as possible by email.
Availability Of Goods You Order
If Pen & Sword Books has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by Pen & Sword Books from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and Pen & Sword Books will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. Pen & Sword Books will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
PLEASE NOTE: We endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our web site as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the web site when goods have sold out at campaign price can take a few hours to update. Please note that the price the goods are offered for tender are as displayed in the Shopping Basket. Rest assured your credit card will only be debited as your order or individual items from your order are dispatched.
Delivery Of Goods To You
- Pen & Sword Books will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf for, the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Pen & Sword Books at the time you make your order.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of despatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our premises in Barnsley.
This is as follows:-
- If the goods Pen & Sword Books delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Pen & Sword Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Pen & Sword Books in writing at the Pen & Sword Books contact address of the problem within 10 working days of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Pen & Sword Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify Pen & Sword Books in writing at the Pen & Sword Books contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Pen & Sword Books under this condition, Pen & Sword Books' only obligation will be, at its option:- to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
Pen & Sword Books shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Pen & Sword Books operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following address:
An Imprint of Pen & Sword Books
47 Church Street
These terms and conditions, together with the current Pen & Sword Books Web site prices, delivery details and Pen & Sword Books contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Pen & Sword Books. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of Pen & Sword Books. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Pen & Sword Books should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Pen & Sword Books. Pen & Sword Books shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
In these terms and conditions:-
'Pen & Sword Books' means Pen & Sword Books, 47 Church Street, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2AS, any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
'us' means 'Pen & Sword Books' and you together; and
'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.